Tuesday, October 6, 2026

Max Photo Dump

 When I first got Max, Mike brought his camera to the barn and got some pictures of our first formal ride together. I knew these would be a "before" series some day.

A "good" moment from July 10th.

About six weeks later, I had Mike come back out for some progress photos. Unfortunately, I remembered the photographer, but not my bridle. Whoops! Luckily, Max is a good boy so I was comfortable bebopping around in just a rope halter. I decided to have Mike snap some pictures anyway. 

I'm glad I did! Even without a bridle, the difference in Max's body, way of going, and expression surprised me when I saw them on the screen. We were about 90 miles into our 100 mile trail walking challenge, and the miles were definitely making a difference!

August 28th. 

Max has been home almost three months. It will be interesting to get some updated photos in the near future. We have a lot to work on, but I think we're moving in the right direction. 

Photo dump to follow.

His walk in July.

End of August.


Average trot in July.

August.

He's also becoming a total pocket pony.

He has a super handy canter that leaves me grinning ear to ear.

I can't wait to see what he looks like in a year. Not complaining about this moment!


His stride has improved so much already.

Giving Mike the side eye.

He has such a solid neck rein!

Some day we'll get on-trail photos. I can picture it.



Max definitely prefers his right lead, but the left lead is getting more reliable. I was thrilled to get it in the rope halter on this night!



Whee!


The relaxed tail makes me happy.

Pats for a good boy.


He did not know how to bend when I got him. That changed quickly.


At some point I'll have to get real photos without a rider up, but this is a good bookmark.

The next day, Max and I would end up finishing our 100 miles of walking. After that, our real adventures would begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment